If you are interested in the new MAT program, contact us at 856-225-6051.
All Teacher Prep Program requirements are changing as of the Fall 2018 semester. Coursework on undergraduate advisement sheets are valid only for those that have been officially admitted to the TPP no later than September 30, 2017, and have all courses completed by the end of summer 2018 in order to student teach Fall 2018.
Aims of the Teacher Preparation Program
The pillars of the Teacher Preparation Program are solid knowledge of a discipline and practical experience. We produce students who know what they are teaching about and also know how to teach what they know. The program seeks to develop pre-service teachers who are:
- competent, caring, reflective, and qualified educators;
- well prepared in their subject knowledge;
- able to implement “best teaching practices” in their instruction;
- proficient readers, writers, listeners, and able to model expertise in these fundamental aspects of educational practice;
- knowledgeable about the impact of technology on education and how to use technology in an effective manner; and
- well grounded in the appreciation of diversity and global cultures