skip to main content

IEE Main Office

336-338 Friends St
Camden, NJ 08102
Phone: (856) 225-6051
Fax: (856) 225-6617

Home » FAQs » Certification » Question

My major is English and my minor is Spanish. Can I be certified to teach both? If I am a Psychology major can I teach Math?

Posted at 10 a.m. Feb. 2, 2015,

To be certified in any P-12 subject, you must show evidence of a minimum of 30 credits in a coherent concentration in that subject, 12 of which must be at the 300 level (junior / senior level) or higher. These 30 credits may consist of ANY array of courses offered by the department, not necessarily those specified by the department for the degree. Additionally, you must achieve a passing score on the Praxis II exam(s) in the certification subject(s) and having a passing OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) score for foreign languages. Please consult a TPP advisor if you have any questions.

Category: Certification

← FAQs