skip to main content
Home » FAQs » Certification » Question

I am a post-baccalaureate or graduate student who wants Preschool through 3rd grade certification. What steps do I follow to get certified?

Posted at 12:37 p.m. Dec. 19, 2011,

Post-baccalaureate students are those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree, either from Rutgers or from another 4 year accredited institution and who are coming to complete IEE certification requirements. Graduate students are those currently admitted to an RUC graduate program and are pursuing the undergraduate IEE Certification Program concurrently.

Post-baccalaureate / Graduate students seeking P-3 certification must:

  1. Show evidence of a minimum of 60 credits in liberal arts
  2. Complete the IEE Certification Program requirements for the P-3 Program

* We encourage students to complete the Admission Requirements for the IEE Certification Program before investing in coursework.

Sequence for completing the P-3 IEE Certification Program

  1. Apply to Rutgers Camden or Re-enroll at Rutgers Camden
  2. Complete the Admission Requirements for the IEE Certification Program
  3. Make an appointment with an IEE staff member to officially enroll in Certification Program (856-225-6051)
  4. Sign for a Student Teaching Application one year in advance of the desired to student teaching semester. You cannot enroll in any fieldwork courses unless you are officially admitted to the IEE Certification Program. Student Teaching Application deadlines are late September for the following fall semester and late January for the following Spring semester.
  5. See chart below for final coursework sequence:

Student Teaching Application Due

Methods (Practicum)
(3 credits)

Practicum II
(3 credits)

Student Teaching
(12 credits – full time semester)

End of September for the following Fall Semester

Spring Semester

Summer Semester

Fall Semester

End of January for the following Spring Semester

Fall Semester

Winter Semester

Spring Semester

Posted in: Certification