skip to main content

IEE Main Office

336-338 Friends St
Camden, NJ 08102
Phone: (856) 225-6051
Fax: (856) 225-6617

Home » What’s New? » Can I take coursework in my student teaching semester?

Can I take coursework in my student teaching semester?

Posted at 10 a.m. Feb. 2, 2015,

No. You are only allowed to take Student Teaching and the co-requisite Student Teaching Seminar during the student teaching semester. All major and general education courses, as well as graduation and the Teacher Preparation Program requirements must be fulfilled by the end of the term immediately preceding student teaching. Spring student teachers must have all requirements complete by the end of the preceding Fall semester, as only one course can be taken in the Winter session – i.e., practicum.

Undergraduate students must be eligible to graduate the semester prior to the student teaching semester. You will still be considered for student teaching if you need to use student teaching credits to meet graduation requirements.

Category: Field Experiences and Student Teaching

← FAQs