The IEE Certification Program, also known as the Teacher Preparation Program, coordinates coursework and field experiences leading to a New Jersey Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing.
The IEE Certification Program is pre-accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) for a period of five years, from September 2008 to September 2013.
Aims of the IEE Certification Program
The pillars of the Institute for Effective Education Certification Program are solid knowledge of a discipline and practical experience. We produce students who know what they are teaching about and also know how to teach what they know. The program seeks to develop pre-service teachers who are:
- competent, caring, reflective, and qualified educators;
- well prepared in their subject knowledge;
- able to implement “best teaching practices” in their instruction;
- proficient readers, writers, listeners, and able to model expertise in these fundamental aspects of educational practice;
- knowledgeable about the impact of technology on education and how to use technology in an effective manner; and
- well grounded in the appreciation of diversity and global cultures